Recipe: Peanut Butter Banana Protein Bars
- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup creamy low-sodium peanut butter
- 15 drops chocolate-flavored liquid stevia sweetener
- 2 teaspoons stevia sweetener (organic or natural) or 4 packets stevia sweetener (organic or natural)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 13X9X2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oats, flour, chia seeds, walnuts and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the banana, peanut butter, chocolate-flavored liquid stevia sweetener and stevia sweetener. Pour the flour mixture into the bowl, stirring until the mixture is just moistened but no flour is visible.
- Spread the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting into 6 bars.
Recipe and photo courtesy of American Heart Association.