What to Bring/What Not to Bring
If you’re preparing for more than a quick visit, rest assured that most of your basic needs will already be taken care of, including food, hospital gowns and toiletries. Here we’ve put together a short list of essentials you need to bring with you, as well as recommendations for items you should definitely leave at home.
What to bring to the hospital
- A complete list of all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications and herbal supplements
- Lab and/or X-ray results done recently at another facility
- A case for glasses, contacts and/or dentures
- Insurance card
- Valid ID
- Form of payment
- A copy of your Advance Directives (ex: Living Will)
- Sleepwear, footwear and other personal items you may need for overnight stays
What not to bring to the hospital
- Valuables, such as jewelry(wedding ring) or money
- Electrical devices, including cell phones, TVs and radios
- Cigarettes, alcohol or illegal drugs
Have a specific question about an item? Please contact us.